Friday, July 17, 2015

Doll's Eyes





Becoming a god is easy. Easiest thing I'd ever done, fastest too. Losing your humanity isn't the price you pay, it is the natural evolution of things. One sweaty, stinking, bloody second and I was ready. The monster had created a god, and he would never live long enough to know it. 

It hurts to think about before. I can't really tell anymore truthfully, whether I lost my humanity before or after, but I can tell you we don't lose our soul but become it. All it takes is one moment of pure commitment to a thing, place, or ideal, and we are born, or broken open however you wish to look at it. 

I chose never to let this happen again. To anyone. Ever. And just like that, I became. I was shaped and twisted to serve my purpose and everything not of use fell away. Power comes later, as you are true to your soul. It is given in wild ways, by wild shapes, according to need. 

Now I see from a thousand eyes, hungry shapes in the dark. Every childhood homunculi is my spy. And should they need, my means. But do they justify? Yes, I give rest.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, gosh! A guardian, I suppose, but oh man am I creeped out :D

    ReplyDelete